Happy 4th of July weekend everyone! Hope you all are having a great holiday with friends and family celebrating. If you're looking for a fun, quick, and easy recipe to whip up on a hot summer day, this ones a must and takes less than half an hour to prepare from start to finish.
On a recent trip to Turnip Truck here in Nashville, I was scanning the frozen section looking for a new sweet treat to try on a 95 degree day. It was hot and sticky outside and all I could think about was ice cream! Since cutting dairy out of my diet almost ten years ago, there was a time when I thought my love affair with ice cream was coming to an abrupt end. Lucky for me, there were a few companies that started making dairy-free alternatives that were mainly soy-based but only had a few basic flavors like vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate. Well, the market has come a long way since then. You can now get coconut milk, almond milk, hemp milk, and my new favorite cashew milk based ice creams. So Delicious Dairy Free recently released a few incredible flavors including Salted Caramel Cluster that is to die for! Creamy, smooth, and just the right amount of chunky pieces from the chocolate covered cashews, it works beautifully on top of these vegan + raw dark chocolate cashew brownies. Enjoy!
Raw chocolate cashew brownies
2 cups raw cashew flour, finely ground
1 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
12 large medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup So Delicious coconut milk or other milk alternative
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons cacao powder
2 tablespoon So Delicious brand almond milk or coconut milk
2 medjool dates, pitted
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. In medium bowl add cashew flour, cacao powder, and sea salt. Stir until combined. Set aside and make date paste.
Directions date paste
1. In food processor with S blade or high-speed blender add dates, coconut oil, coconut milk, and vanilla. Pulse in food processor or blend on low-medium speed for about 2 minutes. Scraping down the sides when needed until paste is ultra smooth.
2. Add date paste to dry mix and stir until all dry ingredients are combined. Pat into a 8x8 baking dish. Cover and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes and make frosting.
1. In high-speed blender or food processor with S blade add coconut butter, maple syrup, cacao powder, coconut milk or almond milk, dates, vanilla, and sea salt. Blend or pulse on medium speed for about 1 minute or until dates are combined. Frosting should be a totally smooth and creamy consistency not chunky! Scrape down side when needed.
1. Top brownies with raw chocolate frosting. Cut into squares and plate.
2. Top brownies with a scoop or two of So Delicious Dairy Free cashew milk Salted Caramel Cluster ice cream and finish with a drizzle of raw chocolate fudge sauce found in my recipe book Wild Plate page 240. Feel free to add other toppings such as crushed cashews, goji berries, chocolate chunks, caramel sauce etc... the options are endless.